Search archive
Browse the collectionsUp

M246 Hattiesburg Historical Photographs

Object Type: Collection
In Collection: Historical Manuscripts and Photographs Digital Collection



Title
Description
Size

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of an aerial view of Forrest General Hospital after completion of a multi-story addition, as viewed from Highway 49 in 1977.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of the front of Methodist Hospital at the end of Bay Street in Hattiesburg, circa 1950s.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph showing an aerial view of the new Methodist Hospital on Highway 98 West in 1980. The facility has since been renamed, Wesley Medical Center.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of the traffic light at the intersection of Highway 49 and Hardy Street, circa late 1950s or early 1960s.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of Mayor R. T. Carlisle and others at the gazebo to celebrate the completion of Hillendale Subdivision in 1957. Hillendale was the first subdivision in the western section of Hattiesburg, and the gazebo stands at its entrance.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph showing the Newman Lumber Company office fire on 18 March 1971. The structure was built in the late 1800s at 808 Newman Street, and was the last remaining building of the company.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of an unidentified house in Hattiesburg showing water just inches below the front porch, during the Leaf and Bouie River flood of 1961.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of a narrow dirt road through the tall pines of the Piney Woods.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of several small single-engine planes in rows, possibly at Camp Shelby. A Standard Oil Company fuel truck is parked nearby.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs. People canoeing through a flooded residential area in the vicinity of Short Bay Street.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs. Water levels cover the grounds of a residential area and five men canoe through the area.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs. Photograph of an unidentified two-story house on Bay Street in the 1920s. An automobile is parked on the street in front of the house.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs. Numerous workers stand amidst piles of lumber in front of several houses being built along Bay Street.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs. Street scene showing cars parked on both sides of Main Street in downtown Hattiesburg.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of an aerial view of West Pine Street as seen from the Forrest Hotel. Hardy Street intersects West Pine in the upper right hand portion of the image.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs. Street scene showing the Bufkin and Cadenhead Building. A horse and carriage are parked on the street.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of Downtown Hattiesburg showing East Front Street, as seen from its intersection with Main Street.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs. Scene showing the Odd Fellows Lodge (I.O.O.F.) and Katz Clothiers.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of an American Oil Company service station, Owl Drug Store, and a Piggly Wiggly store on North Main Street in downtown Hattiesburg.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of a logging scene with wagons and oxen, circa early 1900s.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs. Scene at an unidentified lumber mill.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs. Two African-American workers “dipping and scraping pine trees” for the turpentine industry in the South.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs. Four unidentified loggers cutting down a yellow pine tree for Walworth & Neville Manufacturing Company.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs. Scenic view of the South Mississippi Infirmary which was located on Walnut Street in Hattiesburg.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs. Photograph of the Crawford home and grounds. The clinic (South Mississippi Infirmary) is pictured on the right side.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs. Nurses and physicians pose outside a tent, possibly providing aid in the aftermath of the 1908 tornado in Purvis, Mississippi.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs. Front view of the Methodist Hospital, facing Hall Avenue.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of men and women manufacturing ammunition at Komp Equipment Company in Hattiesburg during WWII; 7 x 5

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of flag bearers and a marching band lead this Red Cross parade on Main Street in downtown Hattiesburg in the spring of 1943. 10" x 8"

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of soldiers in uniform sharing a meal with young women; 9 x 6

Loading indicator
Powered by Preservica
©2020 Preservica