Object Type: Collection
In Collection: Historical Manuscripts and Photographs Digital Collection
Certificate of survey for a 130 acre tract of land in the Natchez District owned by John Burnet. The survey was conducted by William Vousdan on land 45 miles north of the Fort of Natchez lying along Bayou Pierre in what is now Claiborne County, Mississippi. A sketch of the land, scaled to an inch, is included on the top of the certificate. Burnet obtained land in Mississippi in 1782. He was in the 1792 Spanish Census and in the 1810 Census of Adams County, Mississippi.